EVCMC-1B-40A, is an EV Energy Management System specifically designed to allow the connection of a charger to the main feeder of the panel without affecting the load capacity limit of the feeder.
Ideal for the installation of chargers in single-residential units. Exterior installations will require a NEMA 3R outdoor enclosure or model EVCMC-1B-40A-3R.
- Ideal when no more breaker slots are available in a panel
- Does not affect the limit set by the load calculation of a panel
- It is installed downstream from the Utility Meter, accounting for the EV Charger consumption in the bill
- Can be ceiling or wall mounted
How it works:
- EVCMC-1B-40A allows the connection of any EV charger to a fully loaded panel by managing the energy available at any given time
- EVCMC takes a real-time reading of the total power consumption of a home or single unit electrical panel
- It detects when the total power consumption of the main circuit breaker exceeds 80% and at that point temporarily de-energizes the charger
- When EVCMC detects that the total power consumption of the electrical panel, including the load of the EV Charger, is less than 80% for more than 15 minutes it automatically re-energizes the charger
- EVCMC will only allow power to be delivered to the EV charger if the total demand of the panel is below its full capacity. The new EVCMC-1B-40A has the ability to receive and transmit load shedding instructions from an external energy management system via a dry contact input and output