EVCMC-1, is an Electric Vehicle Energy Management System (EVEMS) designed to allow the connection of a charger to the main feeder of the panel without affecting the capacity limit of the main feeder. Unlike the EVCMC-1B-40A and the EVCMC-1B-60A, there is no circuit breaker inside the EVCMC-1.
Ideal for the installation of chargers in single-family homes or individually metered units with space In the electrical distribution panel to add the a 2 pole breaker for the EV Charger.
The EVCMC-1 has a NEMA 3R enclosure approved for indoor and outdoor installations.
How it works:
- EVCMC allows the connection of any EV charger to a fully loaded panel by managing the energy available at any given time, whether in a home or in single unit of a commercial or industrial condo.
- EVCMC takes a real-time reading of the total power consumption of a home, single dwelling or single condo unit that is individually metered
- It detects when the total power consumption of the main circuit breaker exceeds 80% and temporarily de-energizes the charger
- When EVCMC detects that the total power consumption of the electrical panel is less than 80% for more than 15 minutes it automatically re-energizes the charger
- EVCMC will only allow power to be delivered to the EV charger if the total demand of the panel is below its full capacity
- EVCMC-1 has the ability to receive and transmit load shedding instructions from an external energy management system via a dry contact input and output