EVCMC-1B-40A, is an EV Energy Management System specifically designed to allow the connection of a charger to the main feeder of the panel without affecting the load capacity limit of the feeder.
Ideal for the installation of chargers in single-residential units. Thanks to its NEMA 3R outdoor enclosure it is also suitable for outdoor installations.
How it works:
- EVCMC-1B-40A allows the connection of any EV charger to a fully loaded panel by managing the energy available at any given time
- It detects when the total power consumption of the main circuit breaker exceeds 80% and at that point temporarily de-energizes the charger
- 3. When the EVCMC detects that the total power consumption of the electrical panel, including the load of the EV Charger, is less than 80% for more than 15 minutes it automatically re-energizes the charger
- Can be ceiling or wall mounted
The EVCMC will only allow power to be delivered to the EV charger if the total demand of the panel is below its full capacity. The new EVCMC-1B-40A has the ability to receive and transmit load shedding instructions from an external energy management system via a dry contact input and output.
- Ideal when no more breaker slots are available in a panel
- Does not affect the limit set by the load calculation of the main distribution panel
- It is installed downstream from the Utility Meter, accounting for the EV Charger consumption in the bill